The Atlantic ministers responsible for education and training signed an agreement in April 2004 under which the provinces of New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, and Prince Edward Island agreed to collaborate on joint undertakings to respond to the needs identified in public and post-secondary education.
CAMET is dedicated to further enhancing the level of cooperation in public and post-secondary education by working on common issues to improve learning for all Atlantic Canadians, optimize efficiencies, and bring added value to provincial initiatives and priorities.
- Communique-Atlantic Career Education Framework
- Future in Focus-Atlantic Career Development Framework for Public Education: 2015-2020
- Career Education in Atlantic Canada: Research and Recommendations
- Ministers of Education and Training Commit to Promote Career Development for Students and Strengthen Cooperation in Post-Secondary Education
- Ministers of Education and Training Pursue Discussions on Key Strategic Opportunities
- Atlantic Ministers Promote Literacy Champions
- Literacy Action Plan launched
- New classroom resources launched
- Ministers launch a report on the economic impact of post-secondary international students
- Report : The Economic Impact of Post-Secondary International Students in Atlantic Canada: An Expenditure Analysis. Click here to view.
- To view the "Literacy: It means more than you think" campaign TV ads, please click here
- Ministers meet in Dartmouth, NS. Literacy continues to be a high priority for Atlantic ministers of Education and Training.
- Ministers launch a report on the implementation of their Literacy Action Plan
- Report: 2010 Literacy Progress Report. Click here to view
- 2012 Literacy Champion Poster Campaign - Click to view Press Release